This is Charles Brett’s start-of-the-week Enterprise Times ‘blockchain catch-up’ 2022-Week 9. Necessarily it is idiosyncratic and selective.
While not intended to be comprehensive it does seek to highlight ‘Quick Take(s)’ on specific developments as well interesting pieces to read, a listing of some (not all) announcements/press releases and pointers to upcoming events.
Quick Take(s) – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up 2022-Week 9
How blockchain investigations work
Blockchain intelligence companies can trace bitcoin and other cryptocurrency transactions to help ransomware victims understand who the attacker is and perhaps how they can get their money back.
Quick Take: an interesting discussion, that does much to open (slightly) what is usually impenetrable.
7 pieces to read – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up 2022-Week 9
- The Governor of Colorado is high on blockchain
- A blockchain-based Noah’s Ark is being used to preserve a record of the Ukraine conflict
- How blockchain could revolutionize cybersecurity
- Blockchain forensics is the trusted informant in crypto crime scene investigation
- Blockchain is helping China’s automakers boost green credentials (behind Bloomberg paywall)
- They were jailed for hacking an exchange; blockchain data cleared them
- Why bandwidth needs a layer-1 blockchain, explained.
Selected announcements/press releases/opinions – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up 2022-Week 9
- How to make blockchain a new kind of economic engine (opinion)
- Top 5 common blockchain mistakes to avoid (opinion)
- When war hits, even crypto can’t stay neutral (opinion, behind Bloomberg paywall)
- The best is yet to come: what’s next for blockchain and the creator economy (opinion)
- JPMorgan Chase invests in blockchain-focused TRM Labs (announcement)
- Global Blockchain Market Analysis/Forecast Report 2021-2028 (announcement).
Selected upcoming events
- Digital Assets Week (21-25 March 2022)
- Bitcoin 2022 (April 6th-9th, 2022)
- Paris Blockchain Week Summit (12-14th April 2022)
- FT LIVE” Crypto and Digital Assets Summit (26th April, 2022).