Watching your business grow is thrilling. It is incredibly motivating to see hard work and creativity combine to create a successful business. How can you ensure continued success though? Frequent evaluations are crucial to ensure the company’s growth is not constrained.
Maintaining a high productivity level is important. But how does one do that without long grueling days becoming a constant? Easy-to-use process automation software to track workflows could be one of the best investments you can make to keep productivity and development on the rise.
Long-term Planning Is Paramount
Perhaps you are thinking, “Everything seems to be running okay now on a manual system. Why rock the boat?” While your business may be getting along okay now, think down the road a bit. In five years, how much growth do you project? How many more products, employees, and systems will be in place? Will your current system withstand the growth while remaining efficient?
More time gets spent on day-to-day functions as your company expands. As a result, output will probably decline because you are using manual systems. By switching to simple process automation early in your company’s life, productivity can continue to increase along with the company’s expansion as routine processes run smoothly. In turn, the speed of workflow execution will positively impact customer service as response time is cut down and accurate information and consistent experiences are delivered.
Workplace Productivity Has Room for Improvement
American workers are speaking out about productivity issues in the workplace. According to Workfront’s 2018 State of Work survey, conducted by Regina Corso Consulting, American workers admit that:
- Only 40% of their workday is spent on primary tasks
- 10% of the day is spent in productive meetings
- The rest of the day—50%—goes to emails, administrative tasks, wasteful meetings, interruptions for unimportant tasks, and other duties.
Imagine what these workers could accomplish if their company had tools to automate their workflows and recapture that big chunk of time!
So which processes are best automated? Read on…
- Employee Management: Process automation gets each new employee on a streamlined entry and training process. This ensures no one slips through the cracks during the crucial on boarding period. Much of the manual labor that goes into new hires, including documentation, can be eliminated through human resource process automation.
- Finance Processing: Budget approvals, asset purchases, travel/mileage reimbursements, and vendor payments can be efficiently managed using automated financial tools. In the process, cut out miscommunications, lost documents and any confusion that may follow
- Administrative Tasks: Process automation tools make budget approvals, time-off requests and status updates easy since all these will happen automatically. It shouldn’t be a manual task for employees to lose time over.
- Email: Do your team members’ email boxes overflow with requests? When an email inbox gets stacked up, it’s easy to miss critical emails. With process automation, your team will spend less time on email as requests and reports are available through the shared system.
Building an automated company culture is the first step toward consolidating all these tools. Rather than using email, messaging, product management, and an endless number of other tools, you can look for a platform that lets you do it all and collaborate in the same environment, rather than having lots of tabs permanently open.
A Transition Well Worth the Effort
Will it take some time to help your team understand the value of investing energy into learning a new process? Maybe, but if your team truly cares about your company’s future and success, they will take the necessary steps to transition to an automated system. Workfront’s study revealed that 82% of workers are excited to learn new things as automation becomes more present in the workforce. Therefore the chances are that most of your employees are ready to give it a try.
For those who have reservations concerning a new system, management will need to be patient. They need to explain reasons for change along the way and demonstrate the benefits. Communicating the current complications that will be eliminated by an automated process also helps. It won’t take long before they start seeing the benefits themselves, which will increase efforts to adapt.
Selecting a no-code solution like KiSSFLOW avoids the inconvenience of hiring IT experts and writing code. All the necessary tools have already been created and are at your disposal, ready for use. Applications can be altered or custom-made according to your business’s specific needs. As your company grows, applications can be added and scaled as necessary. Any team member can easily learn to use the simple user-friendly interface and be freed of time-consuming paperwork to pursue the heart of their profession.
Watch your business—and the people who make it happen—grow, with easy-to-use process automation. An investment that will continually reap benefits in every facet of your company.
OrangeScape is a leading cloud-based B2B software company offering KiSSFLOW, a disruptive SaaS platform for work automation. KiSSFLOW is a unique no-code platform that can handle workflow management, business process management, task management and case management with the same beautiful interface. KiSSFLOW has been featured in both the Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester Wave reports and is considered a disrupter in the field of business process management. KiSSFLOW is used by over 10,000 customers across 160 countries, including more than fifty Fortune 500 companies such as Airbus, Motorola, and Reckitt Benckiser.
OrangeScape’s KiSSFLOW was conceived with the belief that simple things should stay simple and complex things should be possible, and is on a mission to reduce chaos in every office. With this cloud-based workflow automation platform, any business user can create a highly customised automated process instantly. It meets the workflow automation needs of every team, department or organization, and deploys the most intelligent business process management tools to bring in more efficiency, control, and accountability.
OrangeScape has offices in Mountain View, California and Chennai, India. OrangeScape was named a Top IT Innovator in India by NASSCOM.