This is Charles Brett’s start-of-the-week Enterprise Times ‘blockchain catch-up’ Week 33. Necessarily it is idiosyncratic and selective.
It is not intended to be comprehensive but does seek to highlight ‘Quick Takes’ on specific developments as well interesting pieces to read, a listing of some (not all) announcements/press releases and pointers to upcoming events.
Quick Takes – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 33
Quick Takes will return in early September (unless something special occurs in these dog days of August).
6 pieces to read – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 33
- Analysis: decentralised finance – latest front in crypto’s hacking problem
- Blockchain 2.0: finally ready for the enterprise (?)
- These 13 banks have invested the most in crypto and blockchain to date
- Is the U.S. about to block the Diem stablecoin or Facebook’s Novi?
- Emmer introduces legislation to provide clarity for blockchain innovators
- AllianceBlock partners with Avalanche’s Pangolin DEX to implement compliance for DeFi
Selected announcements/press releases/opinions – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 33
- A multichain approach is the future of the blockchain industry (opinion)
- The near-term future of mlockchain: tracking carbon offsets (opinion)
- Which universities are the best for blockchain? (opinion)
- Central banks were born from the war machine and government overreach (opinion)
- LSE joins Hedera Governing Council to advance blockchain research for social good (announcement)
- Filecoin and Polygon deploy interoperable bridge to expedite Web 3 development (announcement)
- Finastra and Salt Edge collaborate to provide a more personalised banking experience (announcement)
- Bikdata is moving blockchain technology into the future (announcement)
- Blockchain in Retail – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics (announcement/report)
Selected upcoming events
- CordaCon 2021 (September 28th-30th, 2021)
- TOKEN2049 Europe returns in-person in London (October 7th-8th, 2021)
- Crypto Valley Conference (October 28-29th, 2021; Rotkreuz, Switzerland)
- LA Blockchain Summit (November 2nd-3rd, 2021)
- Blockchain Conference/Blockchain Expo Europe 2021 (November 23rd-24th, 2021)
- Blockchance Europe 2021 (December 8th-10th, 2021 – was July 7th-9th, 2021).