If you have a warehouse full of goods and an antiquated software solution that leaves your inventory control something to be desired then there is a new option available for your consideration. IQMS have been working with Tessy Plastics Corporation and Transtech consulting, part of the Horseshoe group and specialists in supply chain consulting, to developed a new Warehouse Management solution.
IQMS new WMS module
The new solution integrates into the IQMS ERP solution and is therefore integrated into the Warehouse Management system. One of the weaknesses of some other WMS solutions is that they are add on packages and never fully integrate, holding data separately.
The new module has been developed to include several key features on launch:
- Directed Task Monitoring System: Reduce labour and save time with rule-base other modules, directed pick up and put away transactions
- Wave Management: Drive productivity gains with task interleaving tools that replace deadhead trips with milk runs for JIT pick up
- Dock Scheduler and Staging: Schedule one dock or two dozen based on pick tickets or expected receipts with this graphical calendar display
- Expected Receipts: Easily manage expected receipts based on vender ASN information or PO releases
- Slotting Optimization: Assign inventory classes to your items and then store them in the most optimal locations in your warehouse based on speed of movement. Reduce out of stock and expired materials or parts with LIFO, FEFO and FIFO options
Chris Femia, vice president of Blue Horseshoe’s Strategy Division commenting on the project said “Our experience streamlining manufacturers’ supply chains has allowed Blue Horseshoe to work with a number of top tier warehouse management systems.
“We have always insisted that industry best practices guide our decision making, not what might be perceived as a system limitation. With Tessy Plastics, we focused first on best practices, then on incorporating best-in-class WMS functionality, with an eye toward the future. The result is a strategically evolving first-class WMS package.”
Interestingly Femia works for Transtech consulting, a division of Blue Horseshoe, Blue Horseshoe themselves are a Microsoft Dynamics house that offer an advanced Warehouse Management solution.
What about the cloud?
IQMS see this module as adding value to their existing solution and will initially be looking to see whether it can increase its wallet share amongst its existing customers, although it will help in seeking new acquisitions.
Built on Oracle IQMS ERP solution is a comprehensive suite of programs and yet while it is capable of running in the cloud IQMS do not yet appear to be offering a SaaS solution to clients, preferring the licencing model. With the Oracle firmly routed down the cloud path it will be interesting to see how long this strategy lasts.