This is Charles Brett’s start-of-the-week Enterprise Times ‘blockchain catch-up’ 2022-Week 11. Necessarily it is idiosyncratic and selective.
It is not intended to be comprehensive but does seek to highlight ‘Quick Takes’ on specific developments as well interesting pieces to read, a listing of some (not all) announcements/press releases and pointers to upcoming events.
Quick Takes – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up 2022-Week 11
Regulatory sandbox for blockchain and legal advice for EBSI production phase
The European Commission launches a call for tenders to contract a consortium to facilitate and operate a pan-European regulatory sandbox for Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLT) in particular blockchain and provide comprehensive legal advice pertaining to the operation of the core services of the European Blockchain Services Infrastructure (EBSI) and its use cases as approved by the European Blockchain Partnership (EBP).
Quick Take: the European Blockchain Services Infrastructure seeks a pan-European infrastructure for the delivery of cross-border public services. It hopes to open up opportunities for new solutions which ca benefit from the trust blockchain establishes in the immutability and authenticity of data. This call for tender is to award a contract to “to foster a dialogue and cooperation between national and EU-level regulators and lawmakers with companies and thus remove legal and legal uncertainties for use cases based on decentralized solutions on blockchain and potentially in combination with other technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence or Internet of Things”.
7 pieces to read – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up 2022-Week 11
- Are blockchain-based DAOs really a utopian revolution in the making?
- How law enforcement seized 94,000 Bitcoin stolen from Bitfinex
- The blockchain projects making renewable energy a reality
- Here’s the full text of Biden’s Executive Order on cryptocurrency
- Blockchain technology for supply chains: who is using it and how?
- Ex-Meta employees raise $200M from a16z, Tiger, Multicoin to realize Facebook’s crypto dreams
- ConsenSys valuation more than doubles to over $7 billion after latest funding.
Selected announcements/press releases/opinions – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up 2022-Week 11
- SOLANA (SOL), CARDANO (ADA), AVALANCHE (AVAX) and BITGERT (BRISE) – which has the fastest blockchain? (opinion)
- What is the metaverse? (opinion)
- Blockchain is big in Indonesia, but Tokocrypto wants to make it bigger (opinion)
- Top 5 best crypto YouTube channels you need to know (opinion)
- Ethereum co-founder hits out at economics of fast-growing Solana blockchain (opinion, behind FT paywall)
- Why decentralized exchanges are important in the crypto economy (opinion)
- Global blockchain market by application, size and trends … Future forecast to 2022-28 (announcement) the metaverse (announcement).
Selected upcoming events
- Digital Assets Week (21-25 March 2022)
- Bitcoin 2022 (April 6th-9th, 2022)
- Paris Blockchain Week Summit (12-14th April 2022)
- FT LIVE” Crypto and Digital Assets Summit (26th April, 2022).