This is Charles Brett’s start-of-the-week Enterprise Times ‘blockchain catch-up’ Week 31. Necessarily it is idiosyncratic and selective.
It is not intended to be comprehensive but does seek to highlight ‘Quick Takes’ on specific developments as well interesting pieces to read, a listing of some (not all) announcements/press releases and pointers to upcoming events.
Quick Takes – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 32
Quick Takes will return in early September (unless something special occurs in these dog days of August).
7 pieces to read – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 32
- Why blockchain can both promote ESG and accelerate climate transition
- Explainer: how hackers stole $613 million in crypto tokens from Poly Network
- Crypto platform Poly Network rewards hacker with $500,000 ‘bug bounty’
- 10 giant crypto and blockchain rounds single-handedly raised US$3.9B this year
- An overview of blockchain in supply chain: what’s the link?
- SEC vs Ripple: inside the case that could make or break the crypto industry
- HashCash proposes blockchain DI distribution for COVID vaccine.
Selected announcements/press releases/opinions – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 32
- Best crypto credit card 2021: Cryptocurrency rewards (opinion)
- The top 5 investment plays for blockchain (opinion)
- Biden’s infrastructure bill doesn’t undermine crypto’s bridge to the future (opinion)
- Ready to deploy? Amazon’s Bitcoin acceptance can prime a payments future (opinion)
- How learning blockchain can prepare you for the future (education)
- Blockchain buzzwords: common blockchain definitions (education)
- Blockchain technology market size, share, key players, growth trend, and forecast, 2020-2027 (announcement/report)
- Connecting CBDCs: Enabling cross-border and cross-network transactions (webinar replay)
- Decentralized financial hub Ardana to launch on OccamRazer (announcement)
- SEBA Bank adds support for AAVE and Chainlink tokens to enable institutional DeFi access (announcement).
Selected upcoming events
- CordaCon 2021 (September 28th-30th, 2021)
- TOKEN2049 Europe returns in-person in London (October 7th-8th, 2021)
- Crypto Valley Conference (October 28-29th, 2021; Rotkreuz, Switzerland)
- LA Blockchain Summit (November 2nd-3rd, 2021)
- Blockchain Conference/Blockchain Expo Europe 2021 (November 23rd-24th, 2021)
- Blockchance Europe 2021 (December 8th-10th, 2021 – was July 7th-9th, 2021).