This is a start-of-the-week Enterprise Times ‘blockchain catch-up’ for Week 37. The catch-up is not intended to be comprehensive; it seeks to highlight developments covered by Enterprise Times. Then, in the second section, it lists a selection of ‘happenings’ which (for whatever reason) Enterprise Times was unable to or did not choose to discuss.
Blockchain Catch-up Week 37 in Enterprise Times (to w/e 25th September)
In reverse order of appearance:
- Elia Group + Energy Web launch partnership based around EW-DOS
- HIBCC and Chronicled offer HIN data integration within MediLedger blockchain
- Hedera now processes 1.5M transactions/day, surpassing Ethereum
- HPB hardware random numbers and decentralised applications
- What role will cryptocurrencies play in the future of ecommerce?
What else happened in blockchain in week 37 (to w/e 25th September)
In no specific order a selection from the past week:
- EU to introduce crypto-assets regime by 2024, EU documents say
- EU plans to regulate cryptocurrencies in digital finance push
- European central bank execs explain why CBDCs don’t need blockchain
- Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland on Payments and the pandemic (including on CBDCs)
- Blockchain Bites: DeFi’s dividend, China’s ‘new battlefield,’ the big banks’ ‘suspicious activity’
- Nori is pitching carbon trading … on the blockchain!
- Blockchain patents ‘skyrocket’ in 2020, Alibaba owns the most crypto patents
- The US is number one…in blockchain patents
- This cryptocurrency company is reducing volatility and increasing adoption of blockchain
- Most firms in Korea’s ‘blockchain city’ don’t know what blockchain is
- McDermott client INX Limited conducts initial closing of the first offering of blockchain assets registered under the Securities Act
- Brazil’s JBS vows to monitor deforestation through whole cattle supply chain
- Austrian gin makers to use blockchain to guarantee bottles’ rarity
- Global Blockchain Technology Market in Transportation and Logistics Industry Market 2020-2024
- Hyperledger Member Webinar: tackling scalability & moving into production (SIMBA Chain – register here)
- R3’s Cordacon 2020, October 20-22 (virtual – register here)
- Paris Blockchain Week summit launches hybrid event on December 9th & 10th, 2020 (more info here).