Seismic has released its Spring update. The release includes new AI capabilities powered by Aura, its AI Engine. These include deeper integrations with Microsoft Viva Sales and Google Slides, helping customers to streamline the sales process and assisting sales leaders in coaching their teams. Seismic has also added several other improvements and new capabilities to its platform.
This release emphasises how the Seismic Sales Enablement platform enhances the personalisation of every sales engagement. Personalisation in sales engagements pays off. It is also increasing. From 2021 to 2022, there was a 32% increase in customers using personalized services. This and other statistics are highlighted in a new report, The Personalization Payoff. The report highlights the growing importance and success of personalisation. For example, Digital Sales Rooms increased the engagement of buyers threefold.
Krish Mantripragada, Chief Product Officer, of Seismic, commented, “Over two years ago, we introduced Seismic Aura, a first-of-its-kind AI/ML engine purpose-built to increase seller effectiveness, generate intelligent insights, and automate tasks. Since then, we’ve remained committed to investing in AI/ML capabilities across the Seismic Enablement CloudTM.
“Our Spring 2023 Release adds another layer to our larger AI vision in our platform and the broader enablement ecosystem with the launch of our integration with Microsoft Viva Sales.
“Our customers are already reaping the benefits of Seismic’s investment in generative AI and use of large language models to get recommended answers to customer questions, and our vision is to continue to apply this valuable technology to touch every workflow across our platform.”
Seismic never sits in isolation within sales teams. Because of this, Seismic has updated its integration to Microsoft Viva Sales. First launched in September, Seismic has now introduced AI-powered capabilities. Seismic will now generate content and training recommendations within Teams meeting summaries. Seismic will also provide content production, collaboration, task automation, and engagement intelligence within the Teams meeting experience.
For Google Slides, Seismic users can access its content library, enabling sellers to quickly create content without spending time switching applications and finding the right information. This makes creating presentations more efficient and personalised and ensures that authorised and up-to-date materials are always used.
There is an expanded integration with Lessonly. It is now possible to personalise skill assessments with custom icons and labels. Administrators can also integrate learning content from SCORM, xAPI, and cmi5 to enhance the learner experience. There is also support multi-session training events for sequential sessions and teams distributed across time zones.
Additionally, this release includes Lessonly by Seismic Insights Dashboards that surface insights using targeted analytics. These will assist sales managers to quickly and easily identify opportunities and recognise high-performers.
AI-guided selling new
The Spring release also introduced other capabilities onto the platform
- Intelligent Search Experience: Access content from the Library and Workspace based on user behaviour, search history, and AI-assisted understanding of intent.
- Guided Assembly: Users can create and personalise client content quickly with guided instructions and suggestions
- Enablement Impact Analytics: Measure the impact of enablement programs and initiatives such as product launches, sales plays, and new messaging roll-outs on business outcomes with simple, out-of-the-box embedded analytics and dashboards. Demonstrate the collective impact of training on the sales cycle with rich new analytics and tools that connect learning and coaching activities to win rates.
- Embedded Contextual Insights provides users with rich interactive visuals that have analysed data across different segments, content types and content statuses. It will help sales leaders quickly identify the content status and performance.
- Pinned views allow users to select seven custom content views for their home page. It allows users to quickly move to the views without using multiple mouse clicks, improving the solution’s efficiency.
- Dynamic Watermarking: Automates the creation of customised digital watermarks, improving traceability. Based on multiple variables using document properties, the watermarks can create rule-based templates that help ensure documents are used where appropriate. For example, a document could be watermarked as “draft”, “Internal use only”, or ”Confidential”, or even with a logo. The feature should help with the mitigation of document misuse.
Seismic continues to add value to Sales teams worldwide. Mark Bussell, Senior Director of Revenue Enablement, Jostens, commented, “We needed something that brought all the tools and resources together – and be at the fingertips of our frontline sellers. The Seismic Enablement Cloud empowers our sales team to be more efficient. Seismic has helped Jostens evolve. It’s been transformational for us, and we’re grateful for Seismic and their team.”
Enterprise Times: What does this mean
This is a significant update by Seismic that holds huge promise. While there is a blog and video supporting this release, information about the details is scarce. For example, the video mentions integration to Microsoft OneDrive, but it is unclear if this is a new or updated integration.
Regardless Seismic has delivered on its promises to help Sales teams more effectively, assisting in creating personalised sales enablement content that should help those teams deliver the buying experience that turns prospects into customers.