This is Charles Brett’s start-of-the-week Enterprise Times ‘blockchain catch-up’ Week 35. Necessarily it is idiosyncratic and selective.
It is not intended to be comprehensive but does seek to highlight ‘Quick Takes’ on specific developments as well interesting pieces to read, a listing of some (not all) announcements/press releases and pointers to upcoming events.
Quick Takes – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 35
Quick Takes will resume next week…
7 pieces to read – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 35
- Crypto platforms need regulation to survive, says SEC boss (behind FT paywall)
- Blockchain technology: DeFi security in a hacker’s market
- HashCash to build IoT on blockchain architecture for Spanish supply chain company
- Crypto does not qualify as currency, says South Africa’s central bank governor
- How will blockchain act in space? Villanova is blasting it into orbit to find out
- Central Bank Digital Currencies to be tested in BIS experiment (behind Bloomberg paywall)
- Constellation Network awarded SBIR Phase II USAF contract.
Selected announcements/press releases/opinions – Charles Brett’s Blockchain Catch-up Week 35
- Six reasons why Ethereum has intrinsic value (opinion)
- Blockchain technology can change the world, and not just via crypto (opinion)
- Cryptobanknotes and blockchain standard — the next monetary evolution (opinion)
- The step-by-step guide to get started on BitClout (opinion)
- Correcting and Replacing BlockApps and blockchain for energy developing blockchain-based seismic entitlement platform (announcement)
- BIS Innovation Hub and central banks of Australia, Malaysia, Singapore and South Africa will test CBDCs for international settlements (announcement)
- Global blockchain equity fund oversubscribed, surpassing $100M target (announcement)
- Standard Chartered and Linklogis Rally Investors to Drive Sustainable Trade Finance (announcement)
- Aragon deploys on Polygon to optimise DAO creation and management (announcement)
- Global Blockchain Market (2021 Edition) – Analysis By Type (Public, Private, Hybrid), Application, End User, By Region, By Country: Market Insights and Forecast with Impact of Covid-19 (2021-2026) (announcement)
- Global Blockchain-as-a-Service (BaaS) Market Research Report 2021 (announcement).
Selected upcoming events
- CordaCon 2021 (September 28th-30th, 2021)
- TOKEN2049 Europe returns in-person in London (October 7th-8th, 2021)
- Crypto Valley Conference (October 28-29th, 2021; Rotkreuz, Switzerland)
- LA Blockchain Summit (November 2nd-3rd, 2021)
- Blockchain Conference/Blockchain Expo Europe 2021 (November 23rd-24th, 2021)
- Blockchance Europe 2021 (December 8th-10th, 2021 – was July 7th-9th, 2021)
- Bitcoin 2022 (6th-9th April, 2022).