Wix.com has launched an extended eCommerce solution. The new Wix eCommerce solution provides merchants, entrepreneurs and retail brands with new features including customisable branded storefronts and carts. The platform has multi-channel sales, shipping options, payment processing with Wix Payments, professional analytics and reporting, shipping and fulfilment capabilities. Using Ascend by Wix, a complete CRM and marketing product suite, users can exended the new eCommerce solution. In addition to Corvid by Wix, a comprehensive web development platform.
A comprehensive platform
“Increasingly, owners need a comprehensive platform to move every aspect of their business online,” said Avishai Abrahami, Co-founder and CEO.
“Online shopping has entered a stage of hyper-growth, and businesses need the resources to meet this increasing demand. Our new eCommerce functionalities are designed to help our customers sell anything, anywhere.”
The Wix.com eCommerce solution allows retailers, brands and merchants to build and scale their eCommerce business. From optimised shopping and payment experiences for customers to business and finance management tools.
Key Benefits include:
- Online store with customisable branded storefront, cart and checkout.
- Access to thousands of high-quality products and seamless dropshipping with Modalyst.
- A Multi-language site and in-cart multi-currency converter.
- Product subscriptions for recurring revenue from product sales.
- Automated sales tax calculations with Avalara.
- Secure payment solutions for a variety of businesses, including CBD, events and more.
- Integrated payment management and competitive payment processing rates with Wix Payments.
- Integrated sales channels, including social media and marketplaces.
- Streamlined order and fulfilment management through a single platform.
- USPS shipping integration with up to 70% discount on shipping rates.
- Extensive shipping & fulfilment solutions, including integration with warehousing and 3PL services powered by Corvid by Wix.
- Integration with Ascend by Wix, a complete CRM and marketing product suite.
- Customisable business automation, like abandoned cart recovery.
- Advanced business reports with out-of-the-box reports and the ability to customise or create your own.
- A variety of professional eCommerce partner apps in the Wix App Market.
Building up Wix eco-system
Wix invested heavily in extending its eCommerce capabilities, including acquiring inkFrog to enable marketplace and sales channel integrations. The company has added professional eCommerce partner apps in the Wix App Market. Partner apps include solutions for dropshipping with Modalyst, print on demand with Printful and Printify and fulfilment with Shippo, ShipBob. The company has built-up fulfilment partners, customer reviews with KudoBuzz, loyalty and rewards with Smile.io and Google Shopping & Search ads with AdScale.
“In two years, my business went from just me and my Wix site to 40 employees, my own fulfilment centre and over 22 million dollars in revenue,” said Crystal Etienne, Founder and CEO of Ruby Love.
“From the beginning, I built my business on Wix and use the same template to this day. As Ruby Love grew, we started to rely on more of Wix’s eCommerce features like custom shipping rules, real-time order tracking and integrated shipping labels. The ability to scale my business on a single, comprehensive platform has allowed us to grow faster and bigger than I ever imagined.”
Enterprise Times: What this means for business?
Wix seems to be getting serious with their platform. The solution has all the ingredients of a modern, robust eCommerce platform, from selling products or services and getting paid online, to managing finances, fulfilment, sales channels and more. It will be interesting to see how the company fares against competitors such as Shopify and BigCommerce.
To further empower business owners, Wix launched the Wix eCommerce School. Through this portal, users can access live and on-demand sessions to learn from Wix merchants, eCommerce agencies and insider experts. ECommerce Schools sounds like a good way to differentiate yourself from the competition. Only time will tell.